Open House November 7th!
Bender’s Foods plans to be open for a “Sneak Peek” and Open House on Wednesday, Nov 7 between the hours of 5 to 7 p.m. at their new store 325 Lincoln Avenue in Fennimore. One day later the Fennimore Chamber of Commerce and Fennimore Industrial and Economic Development Corp will hold a Ribbon Cutting – November 8 at 8 a.m. The public is invited to join us for the ribbon cutting.
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation made a stop in Fennimore April 25 to award the City of Fennimore a $250,000 Community Development Investment Grant to assist in the construction of a new grocery store at the corner of Lincoln Avenue and 4th Street. The new grocery will be located across the street from the current store on the east side of the highway.
- The new 22,000 sq. ft Benders Foods store will replace the current 9,000 sq ft grocery store.
- The new store will feature enhanced and expanded perishable departments, a greater selection of products, a bakery and a deli.
- The new store is expected to employ 75 people.
- Construction on the store, a $5.8 million project, is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
- Community First Bank will occupy 1,000 sq ft within the facility and will include drive-up capabilities.
Mayor Boebel addressed the group during the grant announcement quoting Ben Franklin “Without continual growth and progress such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” Mayor Boebel went on to say “this is a great opportunity to take one of Fennimore’s busiest intersections and redevelop it into a new store that offers services every citizen in Fennimore and surrounding area needs, it is truly a great day.”
This project will not only provide a new expanded grocery store, it will also create a great opportunity to re-purpose the current Bender’s building. It could also be the needed spark to initiate other new business projects, creating a domino effect to give others the vision that the City of Fennimore is indeed a great place to locate their business.