Drive into Fennimore and Fall into Savings Promotion Sept. 24-27
Each fall the Fennimore Area Chamber of Commerce marketing committee (FACC) sponsors a Fall Into Savings promotion, Sept 24 thru Sept 27 (for those open on Sunday). The goal is to lure in tourists who are headed out for fall leaf-looking drives. Businesses interested in being part of the promotion are asked to contact the Promotions Coordinator no later than Monday, Sept. 11, 2020.
Fennimore Fall Decorating Contest
The Chamber marketing committee is encouraging businesses to decorate the town as a warm welcome to Fall travelers and Fennimore’s fall events. The chamber will sponsor a Fall decorating contest as part of their “Drive into Fennimore and Fall Into Savings” promotion and September 27 community events including Heritage Day at the RR Museum, FFA Alumni Tractor Showcase and Giant Pumpkin Weigh Off. Fall into Fennimore Savings days are September 24 thru September 27. Get those creative ideas going and be sure to register to participate by September 11. More details available online www.fennimore.com/chamber
The FACC is sponsoring a promotion “#FindFennimore” with students and staff at Southwest Tech as a way to acquaint them with Fennimore businesses. We also opened the promo up to the public…hurry the promo ends September 15. Simply snap a selfie with your mask on in front of the special poster. Then create your instagram collage and tag with the #FINDFENNIMORE @ fennimore-chamber. Those who visit all locations will have a chance to win Fennimore bucks prizes which includes one $25 bucks and four (4) $10 Fennimore bucks which can be spent the same as cash at more than 100 chamber member business locations.
Heritage Day & September 27th Community Events
The popular Heritage Day and Harvest Day Festivities will be held Sunday, September 27 with some modifications from previous years. The Railroad Museum will host their Annual Heritage Day at the Railroad Museum from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; contact Fred Brechler if you want to be vendor or want to display a classic car – 608-822-3446.
Fennimore FFA Alumni
New for 2020 the Fennimore FFA Alumni will hold their Farm Showcase – Adam Jackson will coordinate a Farm Tractor & Equipment Showcase in conjunction with Heritage Day. Farm tractors and equipment will be displayed in the parking lot of the former Hardees location. FFA members will hold a carryout food stand.
Giant Pumpkin Growers Pumpkin Weigh Off
The giant pumpkin weigh off will take place at the Hilltop Bar and Grill on Sept 27th. Pumpkin growers will start arriving with their pumpkins between 10 a.m. and noon. They will announce the winning growers at 1 pm and followed that with an auction of available pumpkins.
Fennimore Museums 2020 Season Updates
Fennimore Doll & Toy Museum closed for the season on August 31 – they would open for pre-scheduled tours but will not be open for Heritage Day.
Fennimore Historical Railroad Museum will be open Saturday and Sunday only the month of September. The board will decide on October hours when they meet in September.
Fennimore’s Biggest Tree Challenge
The Fennimore Tree Board is inviting the public to help them identify the biggest living tree in the City of Fennimore. The motive behind this is to promote a love for trees in our community. Submit Entry to City Clerk’s Office at 860 Lincoln Avenue no later than the deadline October 16, 2020. The announcement of the winner will be made October 30, 2020.
Exercise Your Right to Vote
The next election will be held Tuesday, November 3. The following is information from the Fennimore City Clerk.
To request an Absentee Ballot for the November election:
1. Are you a registered Voter?? If so, continue to #2.
If you are unsure, please call our office @ 608-822-6119 and we can help. If you have moved, changed your name, gotten married or divorced since the last time you voted you will need to re-register.
2. Go to www.myvote.wi.gov to request your ballot. Select the box across the top that says VOTE ABSENTEE and follow the instructions. You may have to provide your photo ID by uploading a picture of your driver’s license.
3. Email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org and request a ballot. Please include your name, address to mail the ballot and mention the November 2020 election. Please include a copy of your drivers license to comply with the Photo ID law. If you do not have a Driver’s License go to https://bringit.wi.gov/ to see what other documents can be used.4. Call our office @ 608-822-6119 and let me know you would like an application and I will mail it out to you.
Please keep in mind that in an election season you are going to receive multiple mailings whether it be candidate promotions and/or mailings encouraging you to Register to vote and/or request an Absentee ballot. If you have already requested your absentee ballot and know without a doubt that you are a Registered voter there is no need to register again or request a ballot again. Please call us if you question a mailing you have received. General rule of thumb – if it does not come from the City of Fennimore or the Wisconsin Elections Commission, please ignore.
With the COVID-19 Pandemic and the unknown of the future if you have any doubts of large gatherings please consider requesting your ballot now for the next election.
Thank you. Debi Heisner, Fennimore City Clerk – 608-822-6119 or email email@example.com.
SBDC Asks Us To Help Spread the Word!
Who do you know who:
- Has a business idea and needs help figuring out where to start?
- Would be ready to open a business – just needs help finding and applying for loans?
- Has a new business and needs help attracting customers?
- Is great at providing products and services, but struggles with the “business stuff”?
- Would like to expand their business, but wonders if now is the right time?
- Is wondering how to pivot and adapt their business to changing circumstances?
- Wants to sell their business, or transition ownership to the next generation?
- Needs help figuring out disaster funding, and wants someone who “gets it” to guide them through the process?
We can help! Please forward this information, or let your friends/family/neighbors/strangers know about the Wisconsin SBDC (Small Business Development Center)! Our services are available at no charge, and are confidential. Reach out to us at any time: firstname.lastname@example.org