Fennimore Area Health Services FoundationFennimore Area Health Services Foundation Contact: John Wells
BiographyNo Image Available
To improve the health and well-being of the members of the Fennimore area community. The corporation shall be dedicated to the benefit of the public and to improving the health, safety, and welfare of the Fennimore community.
Fennimore Area Health Services Board
- A nine-member Fennimore Area Health Services, Ltd Board of Directors is comprised of individuals from the Fennimore community who volunteer their time.
- Directors serve two four-year terms and meet at least quarterly throughout the year.
- Manages the FAHS funds and property, awards scholarships, and makes donations to deserving organizations and other entities.
About Fennimore Area Health Services, Ltd
The Fennimore Area health Services, Ltd is a Non-Profit 501(c)(3) Corporation, created in 1983 with the impetus to build a medical/dental clinic and to recruit a physician and dentist to the community.
A fund drive was held and through the generous donations of individuals and businesses, the Plattner Clinic was completed in 1983. today, the clinic building is home to Fennimore Dental and Gundersen Boscobel Area Fennimore Clinic.
In 2002, the people of the Fennimore area came together again in a successful effort to secure pharmacy services that were lost as our pharmacist retired and advertised his building for sale. FAHS contributed to making the re-opening of a local pharmacy possibly by purchasing the pharmacy building, decreasing the capital investment required for a pharmacist to set up shop. Currently, Hartig Drug leases that space for their pharmacy.
A few of the ways FAHS provides ongoing support:
- Recruit and support healthcare providers
- A health and wellness collection at Dwight Parker Public Library
- Provide healthcare-related scholarships to Fennimore graduates and Southwest Tech students
- Supporting the Fennimore Area Rescue Squad
- Supporting the Fennimore Fire Department
- Supporting Aiming for Acceptance
- Funding for health and safety equipment for Fennimore Community Schools.
Donate to Fennimore Area Health Services
- FAHS is a non-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
- You may mail donations to FAHS, PO Box 196, Fennimore, WI 53809 or donate online by clicking here.
FAHS Offers Healthcare-related Scholarships
P.O. Box 196 Fennimore WI 53809