After hours Emergency numbers:
Water/Wastewater Treatment Operator
The initial review of applicants will begin on January 18th, 2021. Position open until filled.
The City of Fennimore (pop. 2,500) seeks to fill a full-time position in the water/wastewater department. The City of Fennimore has constructed a new activated sludge treatment plant operation. The individual hired will work as part of a team responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance of the water distribution system, along with a newly built activated sludge wastewater treatment plant and the sanitary sewer collection system. Background in wells and water distribution, activated sludge treatment operations, laboratory work, pump maintenance, lift station, and collection systems is preferred. SCADA and computer skills are also desired. A CDL license is required for this position, or ability to obtain within one year. Rotating holiday and weekend work are required. A complete job description and application for this position is posted on the Career Positions page or by email by contacting the Director of Public Works at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Fennimore Public Works crews are busy year round.
- maintaining the city streets, properties, and municipal buildings
- designing and constructing new streets and utilities
- maintaining water and electric service for all City customers
- operating and maintaining the electric diesel plant and substations
- operating the city wastewater treatment plant and maintaining sewer mains
- maintaining the city cemetery