City of Fennimore Street Shop
945 7th Street
Fennimore, WI 53809
The Fennimore Street Department is proud to provide our community with the following services, including but not limited to:
- Repair and maintenance of all City-owned buildings and small projects planning and construction.
- Repair and maintenance of all Public Works and City equipment including fleet vehicles.
- Street maintenance, pavement sweeping, snow removal and tree trimming of 22 miles street within the City of Fennimore.
- Maintenance and repair of traffic signage throughout the City, pavement marking, construction traffic control, and barricading for City projects.
- Maintenance of the four city parks.
- Brush & Compost pickup.
When mowing your yard, try to minimize the amount of grass clippings blown or dumped in the street. Grass clippings should be left on the lawn after mowing so that the nutrients in the clippings can go back into the soil. One bushel of fresh grass clippings can contain 0.1 lbs of Phosphorus, enough to produce 30 – 50 pounds of algae in our streams and rivers. Grass clippings that are blown or washed into the street enter the street storm inlets, either plugging them or flowing downstream to streams.
Bagged grass clippings may be taken to the City’s Compost site. The compost site only accepts lawn waste such as grass clippings and leaves for composting. There is also a separate brush pile for other yard waste such as tree limbs and shrubs. It would be appreciated if all waste could be emptied from plastic bags. The compost site is located at the intersection of CTH Q and Bronson Blvd. and is open Monday and Thursday evenings from 4-7 pm and on Saturday afternoons from 12-4 pm.