The City of Fennimore owns, operates and maintains the Prairie Cemetery located a half mile west of town on U.S. Hwy 18. For more information and sale of lots contact the City Clerk’s office. The Public Works employees maintain the cemetery.
860 Lincoln Avenue
Fennimore, WI 53809
Spring Clean-Up at Prairie Cemetery
Individuals placing items on graves at the Prairie Cemetery are reminded that Spring Clean Up at Prairie Cemetery will begin shortly and will continue through Sunday, April 22nd. Please remove items you wish to save as soon as possible. Due to the strong winds over the winter, some items have been blown off monuments. Please check with the cemetery caretaker if you are missing a special item as he may have been able to save it. He is typically at the cemetery in the mornings during the week, starting in mid April. Thank you.
Hours of the cemetery are from dawn to dusk.
- Trees, shrubs or flowers may not be planted. The City reserves the right to control all plantings growing within the Cemetery, including the right to remove as necessary.
- The disposal of rubbish on roads, adjoining graves or elsewhere is prohibited. Please use disposal containers provided.
- The use of glass jars or bottles as flower containers is prohibited.
- The placing of winter wreaths or sprays is permissible from November 1 to March 15. After March 15 they will be disposed of by cemetery personnel.
- Spring clean-up will be approx. the 3rd week of April. Fall clean-up will be approx. the 4th week of October. Any items not removed by these clean-up dates will be disposed of by cemetery personnel.
- All flowers (cut, silk or plastic), wreaths or other ornaments left on the grave sites that interfere with mowing will be removed by cemetery personnel.
- Flower arrangements and other grave decorations will be removed as they become unsightly.
- No person shall drive or park any vehicle on lawn area.